Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WEATHER UPDATE AT 10 am JANUARY 13th 2010

It is still snowing in the village and my sources report that there is between 8 - 10 inches of snow on the ground.
RCT has advised staff to take extreme care and not to put themselves or others in danger by attempting to access areas affected by heavy snow. However, I plan to make a site visit later today to see if it will be practical for us to make the pathway from Ystrad Road safe enough to open the school tomorrow. The Chair of Governors and I will discuss a number of possibilities from closing the school to opening with reduced a timetable. I also need to contact staff members to assess their local circumstances and to see if we have an adequate complement off staff. I will make a decision later in the day and post an update on this site and our facebook page.

No comments: